My own personal google! :)

1/11/14

Alone, not Lonely and very Blessed.

Today I did something that may seem small to you, who is reading this blog post, but is very big to me. I actually ate lunch in the dining hall at my college by myself. Not only did I eat by myself, but I felt good about it. I ate dinner with friends but I didn't do it because I felt insecure or as a social crutch. This is a huge milestone for me. I used to feel so bad and insecure about not being out socializing every weekend like I thought others were. This is something I have struggled with for a while. When I was younger, I used to have to sit by myself in school. Now I feel much more comfortable in where I am in my life. I know that I am sitting alone not because I don't have friends but because I can. It didnt feel weird at all like before. Im finally in a place great enough in my life where I feel comfortable doing things by myself without feeling lonely.  I have learned to put my studies first. I do hang out sometimes but I now know that missing out on events and not being with people all the time is not the end of the world. I used to be so worried about fitting in and finding the right friends. I have learned that great friends do not have to have a lot in common with you. I know some people that are so different from me but so nice. We have so much fun together.  We sort of get to show each other things from each others worlds that are so different but also so unique. When it comes to college and just life in general, balance is key. Forgiveness is also key. If you like me and most students, struggle in the beginning, its ok. We live in this crazy thing we call life. So, things are not always going to go your way or fall into place at first. If we all just trust God, not just when things go well but in thick and thin, everything will be ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! So thanks 4 it and say whatever you want. I do accept constructive criticism.

:)