My own personal google! :)

7/24/13

The Colors of Us - A Poem by Lyndranette

When I was at an overnight event at my college, we had to present something for the talent showcase. I worked really hard on it and they actually really liked it. I thought I would share it with you all.

 
 
The Colors of Us
 
The colors of us
 
The diversity of us
 
The shades of our skin, that keeps bloodlines thick and thin
 
So strong for so long keeping us united as one
 
Yet, they also kept us divided for quite sometime with unjust rules that were so evil and cruel
 
 There were fights that were fought, some won and some lost ; civil rights always trying its best to give all shades a fair chance
 
Although the war is not over we have come so far already
 
Moving on, with positive thoughts and victory in our minds
 
The colors of us
 
The diversity of us
 
Shining through us true and strong
 
Guiding us and strengthening us
 
For the journey has just begun...
 
 
Thanks for reading! Please let me know what you thought in the comments below! If you didn't like it please don't be too hard. Its been quite a while since I've written a poem.
 
Lyndra love you. Bye! :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! So thanks 4 it and say whatever you want. I do accept constructive criticism.

:)